The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2018, 09:27 AM   #1
obijuan

USA1 door panels 81-87 blue

I have recently bought a set of silverado panels from USA1 with a bunch o other things. I have seen these being talked about but nobody actually has a set. They have switched manufacturing style to make these panels thicker and these are the latest. Manufacured in January for me.

Usa1 door panels are pretty sharp for 81-87. They are much thicker than the 79 panels I have used. Only notable issues that I dont see mentioned elsewhere are that upgrading to the silverado panels you get the pull strap. However if you don't have a silverado door you don't have the bracket for the pull strap. The strap is firm but it needs to be anchored to the door shell itself to be really used. The door wiper seal is stapled on for whatever reason. The carpet is secured by velcro and the handle bucket. Skeptical at first but I wont try and pull it off and it wont bother me. The arm rest is not soft like oem. It's a brick with 1/4" pad on top. Lastly the texture is much more coarse than oem. Negligible honestly, but why not get it closer to original if they are going to be marketed as restoration parts.

They are good thick plastic panels and pretty firm when you knock on em. Fit is really good overall. Holes lined up with the screw holes very well. Pull strap cover pieces have a little bit extra material on the clip that I had to trim. They wouldn't seat all the way. One second and it was fixed. No big deal. The color is nice and they are black panels that are sprayed. Scratch resistance is pretty good.

Price is up there but they do deserve some credit. Probably the best I have ever seen and installed next to original GM.

I asked about crew and burb rear panels to match and they are working on it and I think they said mid year release. Maybe.
Attached Images

Last edited by obijuan; 02-04-2018 at 09:34 AM.
obijuan is offline   Reply With Quote