The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2018, 07:22 AM   #8
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustmaker65 View Post
The dealership had tanks under ground too. I have a buddy that owns a company that installs/removes fuel tanks. So I was set with this one. The tanks were decommissioned in early 70's.

I have been trying to buy this building for 3 years! It has been in the same family from day one. He finally decided to sell and we got the ball rolling.

I have several homes that I rent. They are nothing compared to this shop! Didn't know what I bit into when I first got it. But remodeling a 16,000 sq ft building is very time consuming!
This state's dept of environment is tough on soil contamination/clean-up. Can get crazy expensive. We have abandoned service stations just sitting. It takes a deep pockets developer or national retail corporation that can absorb the added expense, unfortunately. I gave up on looking at old service stations, which had always been a dream. Just add a building behind for the real shop with the station being a men's collectibles shop/classic truck dealership. My whole life has been a dream, other than times I had to wake up.

I have contracted work on large simple structures like shop buildings. I remember one that was 60' deep and 180' wide. All I did was siding in the gables and soffit/fascia front & back. I did alright at my square ft and lineal ft price (upcharge for just gable siding way up there). But talking to the guy building it, he had just about every contractor (All from residential) come back to him wanting more money (once in progress) or just commenting on underestimating what it would take to get it done. I forget how high the block was, about 2 stories IIRC. 20'?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote