The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2018, 03:18 PM   #1
unclejtl

new guy with questions

hi, I'm getting a 56 gmc 150 long bed today! woohoo! coming over from the dark side (f--d), and have some questions. being that my truck is a 3/4 ton is all the suspension stuff compatible with 1/2 ton? maybe I should tell you my plan...

LS 6.0 /4l80e, IFS, 12 bolt, a/c, PS, PB, 3-4" drop, re-do the interior, leave the exterior (except re-do bed wood). we have a 1958 kenskill travel trailer that it's gonna pull with the comfort of a newer truck. trailer weight is around 4K or so.

I wanted the long bed and heaver frame for stability pulling the trailer. now mind you, we will probably only pull the trailer 6-8 times a year. I'm building a daily driver.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone out there has done this with a 3/4 ton truck? rear spring lengths the same? or am I gonna have to move mounting perches? front frame width the same for the IFS kit?

any imput is appreciated.

oh yes, one other thing, I used to use photobucket to post photos and now they want some ridiculous amount of money. I have looked here on how to post photos and cannot find the thread. can someone lead me to it?
thanks
unclejtl is offline   Reply With Quote