The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2018, 10:09 PM   #1
chevlady

Found out I inherited a 1971 Blazer

I found out I inherited a 1971 Blazer,a great step great uncle of mine had it since 1982 whom passed away 3 weeks ago.He was the 2nd owner.My step dad called me this morning saying it is mine.Was a surprise being told it's mine.I know the history of it a little bit,this great step uncle bought it from a new car dealership as a trade in.It was not treated very well,he was pulling small trees,rocks out with it a lot.I have always liked it and have been looking for a 1969 to 1972 Blazer anyway.Have a few things to do to it,one is the engine.Has a bottom end noise,rods pounding having the 307 which is not the original engine.I have a 350 laying around I rebuilt last year that still runs good with 2,000 miles on it which is going to replace the 307.Some body work needs to be done,two small dents in the right side quarter panel.Not a spot of rust on it.I do know the front and rear differentials have been rebuilt with a new ring and pinion and bearings replaced.Went over to check it out this afternoon finding the receipt for it.Happy with it so far.
chevlady is offline   Reply With Quote