The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2018, 11:42 PM   #1
CousinTone

Have you welded the seams of a 64 hood? I could use some advice please.

Hi all, I am finally starting on my 64 LWB Fleetside after about 3 years of reading and learning on this forum. I've also met many very nice people and not even a hint of anyone who's not willing to go above and beyond to help as I've built up my stash of parts.

So, as I mention in the title, this is about the hood seams. IMHO, it is a bit unsightly and I'd like to give it a face lift. I'd like to get it filled in some manner, that will create a smooth and updated look. My build will be mostly stock, frame on, updating (restoration is not a correct description) of the mechanicals, suspension and interior. It's a one owner, unfortunately it was a owned by a painter. I am looking at the hood and this seam is bugging me. Can anyone who's done this let me know what worked and what didn't? Is there a preferred method(e.g. welding, seam adhesive with patience and sanding or straight filler and blocking)? Does anyone have any pics of their seam fill process or finished hood with a clear close up look at the finished seam. Thanks in advance for your help and comments. Tony V in the OC.
CousinTone is offline   Reply With Quote