The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2004, 10:10 PM   #1
Porkchop

parting out truck

I have a 69 3/4 ton that I need to sell. It is a complete truck but disassembled.
-The cab is really rusty around the lower cab, I don't see any rust above the bottom of the windows.
-I have three doors for it. They are all repairable, but have rust.
-the hood is in good shape
-the outer grill is pretty bent up, and the rad support, and inner fenders are rusty and would need work.
-The front fenders have some rust in the usual lower corners and a little over the wheel. They could probably be repaired easily.
-The rolling chassis is fine. Leaf sprung, 8 lug, 3/4 ton. There is no flaking rust, but barely some surface rust because I pulled off the bed and it got rained on. There are no structural problems with the frame. The sm465 is still bolted up along with the rear end (I forget which kind it is).

*For the rolling chassis, cab, and front end I am asking $400.

-The bed was purchased at a later date to replace the original rusty bed. I bought it from a guy who hauled it from down south. It is straight and solid. The tailgate has a few typical small holes from rust near the inside bottom. They could easily be repaired. The only other problem with it is that the original stock exhaust burnt a small rust spot near the bottom of the rear bed side. This would not be tough to fix. I also have all of the upper and lower trim for it. The pieces are fairly straight, but aren't polished.

*I will not sell this bed for under $790 which is exactly what I paid for it. It may sound expensive to some of the southern people on here, but I searched everywhere for a bed in Michigan/northern Indiana and this was the very cheapest. They are impossible to find in junkyards. Everyone else wanted $900-$1200.
I can get pictures upon request, just let me know. I will post them here, so I don't have to email the same picture to a bunch of people.
thanks
brad
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote