The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2004, 10:40 PM   #1
Stano

Driveshaft help!

I am having a delimma with my 67 LWB chevy. Several months ago my built turbo 350 went south. I finally found me another tranny but this time its a TH400. Now in total length its a half inch longer than my 350 but thats not really the issue. My problem is that the one piece driveshaft i was using is now too long to use with a 400 slip yoke. All my other 2 piece shafts are all wrong too! The 400 yokes I have are 8 inches or so long and only 2.5-3 inches or so actually slide into the tranny and thats all the way in, leaving a considerable amount outside the tranny and no room to move either. I have a new yoke waiting for me at the parts store in town but its way too long also. Money is a big issue for me so its not as simple as just have a new shaft made. I need to know what you all are running for drive shafts and tranny yokes on your long bed 2wd 1/2 ton with a 400turbo. By the way my engine is in the stock v8 location, and the 400 is short tail shaft. Let me hear from ya cause this is driving me nuts.

Stano

Nice ride 67 Chevy C-10 LWB Built 350 TH-400

Wifes ride and family rig:
2001 Furd Expedition 5.4 Liter
Kickin back in Rolla,Mo. USA

"Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain" Mark Twain
Stano is offline   Reply With Quote