The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2018, 01:06 PM   #1
hotwls13

Blazer rear Tank, filler and venting

I’m trying to finish up this tank relocation that was started by previous owner in my 70 gmc 1/2t lwb. I’ve got the bed crossmember notched out. Now I’m working on adding a fill, venting etc. I’m gonna put a metal box in the bed rear of the drivers side wheel hump. That will be the shortest route to the tank, should be downhill the whole way. I’m using a .50cal ammo can that I will trim up to fit, then mount it against the bed floor/inside bed wall. I’ll mount a marine stainless filler neck on top.

Couple of hiccups.

1. The 1 3/8” filler neck on the tank is an odd size for finding a hose. Plan to use small piece near tank, then have muffler shop do a custom bent pipe swaged (is that he term) to 1 1/2”. That way I can run a small piece of 1 1/2” hose between filler neck and pipe.

2. I’d like to vent the tank on both sides. I’ve heard if u don’t that are a pain to fill. My plan is to use some fuel hose up to a rollover valve. Mount it high (I think higher than the fill level is required?)

Any links to what you guys have used?? Trying to keep this inexpensive but functional.

Also, I’ve got short legs and short arms so putting the filler directly on bed floor is not an option. I also don’t want it in the wheel well
hotwls13 is offline   Reply With Quote