The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2018, 10:00 AM   #1
JDSurge

Difference between K5 and K10 Blazer

Hi Guys, I was at an advanced auto parts the other day and a mechanic told me some info about my K5 blazer, but is it true? He said that my 1972 full size blazer was not a K5, that the K5 was a smaller version like the small bronco. So is mine a K10 Blazer?
True or False?
Also he said a conversion kit was put on my blazer, that it used to be a standard shift. It did, but how did he know? There's no hole in the floorboard. He said he could tell by the lock out hubs on the front axle. What does that have to do with a standard shift?
I have had several Blazers in the past, 73, 75, and a 77 model. This was all news to me. Of course he was drunker than a skunk. :-) But he did say it was the straightest body he had ever seen on an older Blazer.
And the last thing, since I have owned several blazers, I find that this one is a little higher than the rest. I do have about a 1" taller tires but the distance from the ground to the tailgate (open) is about 3" Taller than the spec sheet I have. I don't have an kind of lift kit, no extra springs that I can tell. The drunk did say that the front springs were on top of the front axle and should have been on the bottom but I find that hard to believe.
JD