The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2004, 07:22 PM   #1
ALASKA ALUMINUM BEAR

86 Suburban-life Long Project+trailer

Several very nice board members-have asked to take a peek at my 86 suburban--that has taken me years to figue out and build..and starved in the process several times...to say the least-this entire rig is tuned with my laptop computer..

.and please remember when going over this list-our main soul reason for these parts were to enhance performance-in every funtion we could...inother words-they are not add ons,, in 98% of the applications they are replacement parts, and well thought out to say the least...how we derived on which part to use,, first off--was to study each part and make sure--it would improve the performance of the project no less then 10%, from there we would again study which company and at which price-we would get the higher performance for the longer period of time, for the dollars spent..then make a choice on which manufactor to use....in very few cases did we buy a part soley based on looks...

this entire project was built for longjevity-and when we ran it last year-25ooo miles stright over 4 months-for our sponsers product testing-we only had 1 tps sensor go out in all that hard driving,,,and thats crossing the rockies-seirra's-and several mtn ranges from maine to calif-and mis to alaska..towing a matching-28ft 10,000lb trailer...we got 10mpg-towing the trailer and 14-16mpg-without it--both highway miles...city driving was of coarse way worse....like 7-11....hope this helps--if your thinking of using any of these very enduring products-on your rigs.....need any advise on any of the parts--drop us a line and we'll help all we can....thanks for your time...

dart-litle m 383-stroker block-4 bolt main-2 piece rear main seal.-block can be bored to 505-ci
lunati 383 steel crank
lunatti rods-i beams
aluminum pistons-9-1 com.
roller cam and rockers-1.6
lunatti roller-bar lirters
holley aluminum heads
intake-holley-mpfi-comander-950-hand polished for a week
annilator-electronic ing.
msd billet-dist-with 10mm annilator jacketed plug wires
weiand-polished-long water pump
custom ss 6 blade fan for serpitine belts
4 qt-aluminum trans pan-by jet
morosso-8 qt-chrome pan
morroso high volume oil pump and pickup welded to pump
2 1/2'' hooker super comps headers-ceramic coated
hollet dual exhust kit---want to go to stainless-any idea's????
jet performance-4L80E-5 speed auto trans-
atlas-twin shifter transfer case---very amazing tool
agr rock ram steering box and pump-chrome ram
procomp-lifted chrome drag link-amazing piece--
borgstrom- chrome steering shaft
runiell stainless front and rear bumpers-the best ever made---they carry hilift jack and shovels-and rear bumper has cutouts for lights
dynatrac-dana-60 rear axle-with 70 spicer axles--arb lockers
dynatrac-dana-44 front axle-with spicer 60 internals--arb locker
fully custom made lift-8-1\2'' with confer-grese able shacks-and overload
spring towing kit on rear
twin chrome steering stablizer
front and rear custom made ladder bars-soon to have 8 shocks for body roll on sharp corners---give this some thought
procomp-chromed-im6 shocks--20 total-8 on ladder bars-comming soon
be-cool-32 quart raditor with built in double tranny cooler
2 powermaster 160 volt alternators
march-serpintine-delux-brackets-fully custom set-adds 15 hp
ccp-chromed brake booster and mc...custom made-great work by ccp
springfield rod-2 piece chromed valve covers-matching pcv-breather
eagle rims--model 149---15x10---x 3 sets
trxs 36x 14.5 summer tires all terrians
thornbird radials-35x14.5 winter tires-with 380 studs apiece
thornbirds radials 35x14.5 summer trail tires
carring-2 handy mans-airtools-3 fire extingishers-2 shovles-2 axes-400ft-rope
12 stainless-kc fog-running-spot and side work lites
extra heavy gauge 49 gallon gas tank with skid plate
4- cadalic elderado-disc brakes
2 moon roofs-with custom wood rack---holds 1,000lbs--with rear lader
custom billet grill with laser cut alaska map emblem
apc lights all over===new euro tec 2 on rear
all earls stainless braided--with anodized fitting throughout.
custom corbeau buckett seats
satnav by garmin-street piolit
rear camera and screen for seeing behind for rocks and small cars
4 yellow top optima batteries
warn 9,500lb winch up front---warn 8,000lb detatchable on rear...
holley hi-tec-air cleaner
dezee-custom made boxes--for top and rear reciver--hold 10 ft zodiac
scanners-vhs-cb-2 motorla walky talky's
custom saginaw-compressor--with twin-chromed firestone 5 gallon air tanks---allows total use of all air tools and air jacks-while on the road...custom 24ft battery jumpers-plugs into winch elec adapter..
csi-flexplate---the best
fluid race damper
dragster plug protectors
summit billet 2-piece-timing cover
holley full roller timing chain
billet timing pointer-adjustable
csi-chrome mini starter-x2
unique covers-twin raditor overflow tanks
custom made polished aluminum--windsheild tank...
just finishing billet fan shroud--all custom made....
confer finned aluminum dif covers front and rear
gmc-truck center-calif--new dif protectors...
good mark cowl induction hood-2 inch---with custom hood blanket
billet dash pannel-doors etc-by coach works
grant maghongy sterring wheel and atlas shifters.
stage 8 locking nuts and bolts through entire truck.
body and inner body all brand new metal--
pour 15 complete frame and underbody---took 4 weeks
fly wheel horse power-425-450hp
rear wheel horse power-325hp-at tires
475 lbs of tourqe
also adding arb-snorkel

custom-soundstream stero 5 amps-2 picaso 4 channel's- 2 class a 500watt 2 channel's- 1 class a 1000 watt 2 channel's- 4 chrome ss 10'' base, 4 soundstream 8'' midbase, 4 sets of exact 6.3's, 2 sets of exact 5.3's, 1 set exact 4.2's,-2 chrome soundstream balanced crossovers-2 gold blt 4's-new design soundstrean frad capitors.......jvc-chamelon- head unit-12 disc changer-dvd-vcr-2 7'' jvc digital screens- first install finished-02-second install-fall 04-for magazines....classicial-rock an roll-sounds unreal....

well i am sure i missed a few dozen pieces--but this is it and you can ask any truck builders-how hard it is to make after market parts fit,, let alone the 300 we put on. many times i cried-or pulled my hair out several times over the building stage ---and it is a daily driver work truck--throuh the wilds of alaska driving 50 - 70 thousand miles a year in addition to the product tour we did....it handles like a ferria and drives like a rolls and we have had it stuck many times, 100 miles back in the wilds of alaska on moose and bufflo tralis... our last steps, will be finished over the next 2 months were we designed a full lower body protector--out of actuall body parts from lmc-(we cut them down with the help of some folks on this board) and chromed them 3 times for the strenght of bumper chrome-very cool look and great protection over the entire lower part of the truck--even covers the complets rocker pannel and down to include the 1 inch lip on the very bottom of the rockers--
.....one of our crews greatest pleasures is when a smart ass in a big new jacked up ford pulls up along side of us--on the roads or trails.....this leaves them humbled to say the least...

thanks for your time-any question -please just ask...also the rack on the top of the burb--i built 12 years ago--and it's still holding up, also if anyone wants-cam-head-crank-lifter spec's--just drop us a line...
alaska aluminum bear
john

can anyone think of a way i can hang or carry 2 spare tires off the back--i allready carry 2 on the top rack--but many times need 4 tiires along---getting caught between seasons--or driving the dalton hgwy--were i got 3 flats in 1 day and no service for 450 miles---any ideas on this please let me know...
many thanks kind sirs
please give it some thought---really need to come up with something...
Attached Images

Last edited by ALASKA ALUMINUM BEAR; 05-17-2004 at 05:57 AM. Reason: subtract-add photo
ALASKA ALUMINUM BEAR is offline   Reply With Quote