The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2018, 03:20 PM   #1
Nomadicflyer

Chill out ~ Aftermarket Air

I've read a number of threads concerning after market AC. My truck is a 72 C20 that was factory air, at one point. PO removed most of the parts.

After reading over the Vintage, Classic and Nostalgic Air websites, I'm just as lost as I was when I started... they all seem pretty similar. They all seem to take away your glove box. Only Vintage will take your heater/AC control panel and mod it for use. Most require the addition of AC vents? Not sure if any of those make full use of the original AC ducts I have. Love to get away with NOT carving out new holes or hanging new ducts under the dash, if I can keep from it.

What say you, those who have been there and done these things?? Do any of the above stand out as a better option? I've read a dozen threads, that go back to early 2000's. Looking for a fresh perspective!

When I decide on a brand, I'll likely install a kit on the 91 K5, as well. Probably start with that one, to get the hang of things, before tearing up the new paint on the 72.

Thank you all! This place ROCKS!