The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2018, 05:18 PM   #1
hotwls13

Windshield install + dash + trim questions

My windshield was trashed. Just pulled it and this is how my area around the windshield looks. Mine had the stainless trim. I was able to save both the trim and the seal/rubber. I plan to go with the "no trim" rubber though. My dash is a bit rough. Looks like I need at least one vent cover. Looks like truckandcarshop.com has the vent covers in black or chrome. Anyone used those vent covers? Are the chrome ones metal? Is my dash pad worth saving?? I don’t care about it being correct, just want it to look clean. Not sure one of the black caps would fit over mine the way it sits. Lastly, I plan to paint both the dash and around the windshield (and probably the top of cab). Cab will be satin white, dash will be the satin Sea Glass (green color similar to original). The rest of the interior metal will be satin white.

Any tips or “you should do this while the windshield is out” kind of things is appreciated.

Last edited by hotwls13; 05-29-2018 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Need to be a premium member to sell.
hotwls13 is offline   Reply With Quote