The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2018, 02:22 PM   #1
nikwho

Pictures request - '67/'68 with 526 ivory/off white vs. 510 white?

Hello all,
So, I'm bouncing around color options. My truck was originally solid red (514). I'm going to make it two tone (roof and below lower body line). I'm not doing a "restoration" that must be correct. I mistakenly bought 510 white, whereas in 1968 (1967 & 1968) the two tone paint was the 526 ( I think) off white/ivory color. So, I'm not worried about buying another quart to spray it the ivory color, but before I commit to either color, I was hopeful that guys might post their two tone paint that has the ivory/off white.

I've seen lots of the bright 510 white paint in two tone paint jobs, as there are more of the '69-'72 trucks, but by all means, feel free to post yours here. Like I said, I'm not needing to be correct, just looking to find my preference!

So, I'm not looking to recreate the same two tone thread that I've searched for and found, but looking specifically for the early trucks with off white/ivory. I have already purchased six quarts of PPG Verde Chiarro Light Geeen, but when I sprayed my cowl, I can't get the image of a Forest Service truck out of my head. Anyway, I'm looking to go to a bright red, though not the original. The original 514 red is a little too orange for my liking. I'll attach a couple of pictures, first of what I was going for, then more or less what I'm after now:

If either of my two sample pictures are members' truck's, I apologize that I cannot credit you. Both are beautiful trucks! Neither the color that I painted my cowl, nor the new red color that I bought, that's on the paint lid in the last picture, are factory colors. Just my picks, from vehicles that I've seen and liked on the road. The color on my cowl is PPG Verde Chiarro Light Green, found on late model Fiat cars. The red on the paint lid, that I'm leaning towards is just a couple of gradients darker than the Flame Red, found on late model (09-15 or something like that) Jeep Wranglers.
Attached Images