The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2018, 05:18 PM   #1
Smitty550

Help! need steering box for '67 C10

I need a power steering gear box for my '67 C10, but was informed by my very knowledgeable mechanic that most of the gear boxes are of poor quality.

The former owner had installed power steering (for front-end drum brakes), and due to his death, I don't know if the box was new or not at the time of the upgrade from manual steering.

The Pitman and Idler arms have been replaced, but the steering gear box (and I would replace the rag joint at the same time) appears to be "toast." Tried a place called "Flaming River" online (reported to be a quality source), but they don't supply steering gear boxes for the '67.

I have numerous catalogs, but don't want to waste my time contacting any of them unless I can be assured that I will receive a unit that won't wear out right away. I have been told that too many boxes are "junk," and I am a relative newbie in the area of which companies can be trusted for higher-quality products. Or....should I check the local Chevrolet dealership?

So........any suggestions as to where to go to purchase the item (a power steering box for a 1967 C10) would make my day.

Thanks,

Smitty
Smitty550 is offline   Reply With Quote