The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2018, 01:12 AM   #10
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

Clearances came out pretty good. There's decent clearance between the control arm bushing and the exhaust manifold. I'll probably make a heat shield to go around the rear bushing to keep heat out of it. Lots of time to plan that out.
There's about 1 1/4" between the HEI distributor and the firewall. Should leave plenty of clearance for plug wires. I could have been back father with a smaller distributor but that extra 1 inch isn't worth being stuck on ignition choices.
There's only about 3/4" of power steering pump movement before the pump hits the frame. Belt length will be kinda critical but I can work with it.
I'm pretty sure with the short water pump I can run an engine driven fan. I'm not against electrics. Was just leaning to the classic look under the hood if I can find a shroud that looks good.
The stock S10 dipstick tube also fits really well in the factory firewall cutout.
Transmission tunnel will need a slight hump. Right now it clears with about 1/8". It's still going to be very flat which is what I wanted.
There's also cab mount measurements for those interested.
Attached Images

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote