The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2018, 09:19 AM   #1
Mattchu60

CPP Trailing Arm Kit - Coil Springs Angle way off?

I am working on installing the CPP trailing arm kit on my 1987 short box. While this kit promises to be "bolt-in" its turning out to be anything but that - stuff is bent/welded poorly but I am making it work so far. I have another hurdle I think - first I would like input on if this is wrong or if I just think its wrong.

The coil spring angle seems way off. I cannot think its supposed to be this way but I'd like input - should I just be pulling the spring way over to get it into the mount? I can do that, but the angle of the mount is the opposite of the trailing arm angle, so the spring is bent outward pretty good when I do that. My fear is eventually the retainers would fail as the spring is trying to be strait all the time.

I don't think many people have probably tried this kit - at this point i would advise not to. I did try calling CPP a few times - I just seemed to get passed around in a loop and never really talked with anyone there.

I believe the only option will be for me to cut the mount off and re-weld it where it should have been all along - further back and more of a flat angle - the two white lines next to the current support bracket are where I am thinking of re-welding the coil supports at.

Mattchu60 is offline   Reply With Quote