The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2018, 03:43 AM   #1
WhiteCST

5 Lug Conversion/Disc Brake help

I’m wanting to convert my 6 lug C10 to 5 lugs all around and could use some help sorting through the myriad of options. I’m ultimately wanting to have at least a 3/5 drop (possibly 4/5) and would like to convert to disc brakes as well due to my build plans. Has anyone used a 5 lug drop spindle disc brake kit to achieve the goals listed above? If so, pics and info? I’ve read about guys using front crossmembers and suspension components from later model trucks. Is this method possible to adjust ride height? And if you did it that way, how would the rear be converted? I hate to come off as a complete noob but there’s a huge amount of options and it’s difficult to figure out what the best way is. Not afraid to spend a little money, but if there’s a better or just as good way for less then why not? Figured the best way to learn would be to hear it from those who have already done it. Any tips or info or pictures of builds fitting my goals above would be GREATLY appreciated. Obligatory truck pic :
Attached Images

2006 Dodge Charger RT

Built TH400 for Sale
WhiteCST is offline   Reply With Quote