The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2004, 09:20 PM   #1
low 84

Talking watch out for turtles!

so i'm going out to my buddies place about 15 miles outside of town where i keep my truck. came around one of the last big curves on this 2 lane country road and i see this big mongrel starting to creep up onto the edge of the road. so i pull over about 50 yards passed him and go back to check him out. naturaly i want to capture it just so i can show my friend and get him off the road in the process because he was trying to cross right after a blind turn and mostlikely would have been hit. being pretty much a city boy myself and my buddy wasn't with me so i didn't see any problem with this. i start to go and grab him from his sides and the dang thing jumps does a 90 deg turn in air and damn near bites my arm off i almost crapped my pants this thing was big, had a real fat 8 inch long tail, i guess it was a snapping turtle. i was expecting it to be sloth slow like the little box turtles we used to catch when we were kids, but it had reflexes like a cat. so i gave up on that adventure, i figured he would end up scaring the cars out of the way. thats what i get for trying to help the beast out.

pretty OT but i thought you guys might like to hear about a city boy getting his a$$ handed to him by a turtle

'05 1500 Crew Cab

RIP
'84 swb 5/7 drop, solid cammed 408 w/ fully ported dart heads, th350 w/ 10 inch hughes, 12 bolt w/ 3.73 richmonds and a locker
'80 swb 4x4 in progress: 7" lift, 350 th350/np205, d44 and 1.5" ORD tie rod, 14BFF w/discs , armored diff covers, 40" MTR's
low 84 is offline   Reply With Quote