The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2018, 01:59 PM   #1
ngw91

Question Wiring Help Needed - '59 3100

We bought our truck a year ago and are finally in the finishing stages (hopefully) of wiring. I know that the front dual lights work (high and low beam) + I know the bottom parking lights work as well. the truck did not have turn signals or tail lights wiring when we got it, so here are where my questions start:

For the taillights:
I have an orange wire with bullet connector going to the stop light switch, should I then have the white wire from the second terminal on the stop light switch going back to the tail lights? I want to wire in the license plate bracket light on the same black wire to my taillights. When looking at adding a turn signal kit, I need to have separate wires going to left and right rear lights (allowing each light to blink independently for turning). Do I need to wire the licence plate bracket light on its own wire?

For the front parking lights:
Right now both lights are powered by a purple wire form the main harness. This wire first connects to the drivers side front park light and then goes onto the passenger side. I need to wire these lights individually similarly to the taillights? Allowing them to blink independently of one other?

Wiring in the turn signals:
Should I just use t-tap wire connectors and splice into the wires leading from the pull nob lighting switch mounted to the dash?

Thanks a bunch, very new to this forum and it already looks helpful!

P.S: I have looked at the accessory installation manuals, truck owners manual, and wiring diagrams. I could not find these documents specific to 58-59 years but i assume the wiring is the same from 55-59?

-Nick
ngw91 is offline   Reply With Quote