The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2018, 12:24 PM   #1
MrOrange

new front drum brake issues!!!( squealing and dragging when hot!!)

So i just recently purchased my 1969 c10 . The previous owner had told me it needed brakes . After inspection i felt it would be best to replace all the brake components. So i replaced everything lines , drums shoes , hardware , and all the wheel cylinders. the only things i i did not replace was the front brake hoses and the master cylinder. Here lies my dilemma, after a few drives i noticed the brakes were getting hot in the front , then they started to make a very loud squeal, and get tighter as the brakes warmed up. so i took the drums off which were purple (hot) . I beveled the shoes and adjusted them all the way in . It seemed to work for a little while but goes right back to same issues. I need some guidance if possible on what could possibly be the issues. Maybe the Adjusters are on the wrong side?. I am replacing the drums first and swapping the adjusters around to see if it corrects the problems , but once again if anyone has any info it would be much appreciated !!!!!!!!
MrOrange is offline   Reply With Quote