The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2018, 10:33 PM   #25
stevenfromtexas

Re: heard this one yet????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
.055" plug gap is pretty big if you are still using the stock coil. I'd close them down to no more than .040" as VWNate suggested. Too big a gap with the stock coil can also cause performance issues. There is no amplification with the Pertronix ignition; it is just a more reliable switch than breaker points.

Make these changes one at a time so that you can trace down the actual culprit! If you don't, the next time something crops up, you'll be looking at what you did and wondering which one actually was the solution...and doing them all again until it's fixed.
yes sir, it is a stock coil. i was a cheapskate (was reading a post earlier and saw that word used....thought he was talking about me) and did not buy the coil at the same time as the ignition stuff....so yes, to answer your statement, it is the stock coil.
stevenfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote