The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2018, 08:10 PM   #1
krs.br79

New member, new 65' GMC

Hello.

I figured I'd start off in here, as I have no idea about this truck I just picked up. It came in a trade for a 5th wheel trailer I had sitting for sale for a while. I know it's a 65', it's a GMC, and it was bought and resided in one city in Southern Utah for it's life. Other than that, I really don't know where to start with this. I'm not sure yet if I want to keep it, or get rid of it, but it is nice regardless. My previous 60's era cars are of the VW and Porsche variety, so this is completely new to me.

I've started to peruse the forum here, and other internet sites for information, but I figured I'd throw up a few pictures to see if I can grab some ideas on what all this trucks entails.

Everything seems pretty solid and straight, and original from what I can tell. The only real major rust is in the passenger side fender. It has a swapped 350 from a 97' tahoe, and some very bright turquoise accents. My first task will be to get the lights working appropriately, as LED's have been added, and are not working. Then it would be getting rid of the turquoise color on the wheels and gas cap. Unfortunately the entire engine is that color, so I'll have to live with that.

Thanks for any help on identifying what I've picked up.
Attached Images

krs.br79 is offline   Reply With Quote