The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2018, 11:19 PM   #1
68SWB4x4
Strongman Garage

Suburbans First Car Show

After owning the Suburban for 10 years without actually driving it (time flies) it was a great feeling of accomplishment to get it road worthy and take it to its first show.

It drew a big crowd all day and got a ton of compliments including the usual "you welded up the drivers rear door?! "

It drives really well the lift I went with makes it ride nice and smooth, it stops well and the original 327 engine somehow makes good power and doesn't seem to even leak anywhere.

the SM465 has taken some getting used to but now I catch myself shifting my daily driver truck into second at a stop then correcting myself.

the plans going forward are to continue to fix and improve things to improve drivability. Ideally I would like to drive the Suburban around town for now
(the vast majority of my driving these days) eventually getting it fit and safe enough for longer trips and to take the whole family in.

Thanks to all the help and encouragement over the years especially Josh (site owner) and Vectorit

Last edited by 68SWB4x4; 08-30-2018 at 07:49 PM.
68SWB4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote