The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2018, 02:36 PM   #1
Lovett

What turn signal switch do i have?

I have a 1965 GMC pickup. It came from the factory with a manual transmission and a 6 cylinder engine. At some point in its life a v8 and a power glide transmission was swapped into it. The column had to have been switch for the power glide. It has a "GM factory" looking steering column it. Is not a tilt column. You shift the transmission on the column. Has the right gear selectors letters for a power glide.

I need to replace the turn signal switch. The one that is in the truck has a flat wire harness clip. 3 3/4 long. Only uses about half of the pockets in the clip. Wires are white, orange, yellow, purple, dark blue, light blue and black.

I ordered a new switch from Classic Industries part number SM202. This is what the guy on the phone said I needed. Told him GMC and year.

The switch they send looks like the old switch but does not fit, work.
On the old switch the wire harness plugs into the switch above the pivot on the cam. The wires are purple, orange, dark blue, white, light blue yellow.

The new switch has the wire harness plugs into the switch below the pivot on the cam. The wires are purple, light blue, with, dark blue, yellow, green.

The new switch will not fit into the housing. wrong bolt pattern holes, wires will not fit in the opening in the back of the housing, hole for the turn level handle in the wrong place.

After reading all of that? Do I have an odd steering column out of a different year GM truck. Did they send the wrong switch? any help would be great
Lovett is offline   Reply With Quote