The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2018, 08:30 PM   #1
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Powder Coating - stuff

I'm having a lot of parts powder coated, and a good number of parts professionally painted too. Both places do nice work, though the PC is faster. What do you guys think of powder coating the steering linkage (pictured)? Vs paint, and your experience of?

PC may look better (matches chassis etc.), but with potential tolerances and that, seems more area can be finished if they're painted.

Potential education..........long story short, I jumped the gun having my A/C brackets powder coated. Then I read someplace 200 degrees or look for a finish besides PC. I was going to strip them, but after talking to a guy who knows builds real well, he thinks they'll be fine because the temp. they took in an oven. I'm going to use them as is, though I'll redo the A/C bracket which mounts to the exhaust manifold. Time will tell.

Other than that I goofed when I had my chassis and A/C brackets powder coated. Sort of forgot to account for grounds. I was forewarned, it was a senior moment. Strikes me no damage done with a tiny sanding disc, and/or a pinch of paint remover beforehand. I had to use some remover (very carefully) on the axle, because they PC'd where it wasn't supposed to be. The results were exactly what I was looking for.
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote