The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2018, 10:33 PM   #1
RTHarvey

gauge question

I have a 1967 Chevy PU, equipped with factory ammeter, oil pressure and temperature gauges. I have some issues with the gauges, and thought I would get some advice from the forum. 1. The ammeter doesn't work at all. 2. The speedometer works, but the odometer doesn't. I can buy a new repro speedo (with odometer) for $75 from LMC, or I can spend about twice that and have the original rebuilt. Any advice on that choice? 3. The fuel gauge works, but when it is full, it reads about full plus a quarter. Actually it reads a quarter tank higher than truth all the time. Can this be fixed? 4. Similar situation on the oil gauge. When the engine is not running, it sits on the first mark, and when running at speed it reads above the top mark. In other words, it indicates one mark high all the time. And this be repaired? Any insight or advice would be appreciated.
RTHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote