The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2018, 05:01 PM   #1
brutalblake

1952 Chevy Flatbed steering question

where I work they have a 52 flatbed that has been part of the department since day one. Recently someone had got the bright idea to rebuild it, and all original at that (or as close as possible). That being said...

A former employee started this project 2 years ago and its been sitting for the last year. I'm in charge of picking up where he left off. Unfortunately, it's a bit of a mess trying to find out what's been done.

At the moment I'm trying to track down a pitman arm for the steering box. The steering box was rebuilt and I'm not sure if they put a different splined gear, because it is too small for the opening in the current pitman arm. Every pitman arm I lookup is for power steering, which is what we are trying to avoid.

If anyone knows where I can find what the original specs were or knows a good place to start searching I would be beyond grateful.
brutalblake is offline   Reply With Quote