The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2018, 02:54 AM   #1
caspear1978

Broke fuel tank strap. Now odd issues

A couple of weeks ago my front strap broke on my fuel tank. Replaced the strap no issues with install.

Now my fuel gauge wont read right. One minute it reads full. One minute it reads empty. And if i do get it to read correct. It'll move up towards full instead of moving towards empty.

Then today it started running sluggish. No power when on the throttle. Pulled codes and other then the normal 02 sensor codes. I pulled a number 2 misfire code.

Shut the truck down for about 10 minutes and took the truck to town. Ran great for about 4 miles. Then acted up again. Get to town put some fuel in and a bottle of injector cleaner in. After leaving the gas station truck ran fine till about a mile from the house. Acted up again. Let it sit for about 30 minutes. take it for another drive to show a friend what its doing. Run an easy 20 miles no issue.

one thing i did notice before the last run was that it seemed to act up when it reached operating temp. my friend hooked up a scanner that can show real time readings from the truck. I wanted to watch the coolant temp. to see if it showed an issue once it acted up. Stayed steady at 190.4 no issues.

I'm truly stumped with this issue. Not really sure where to begin looking.
caspear1978 is offline   Reply With Quote