The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2018, 03:31 PM   #1
EVRLET

Blazer Trailing Arm Suspension

I very rarely come to this side of the forum since I do not own a Blazer. But what peaked my interest is that the 69-72 Blazers have 104” wheelbase. Coincidentally, my 1973 P10 wheelbase is 102”. The 1973-1987 Blazers have 106.5” wheelbases.

My P10 has leafs and I really wanted to do the trailing arm swap. But when I look at the frame and length of the arms, the crossmember would literally be at the back of the tranny. For the guys who have done the conversion, where exactly does your crossmember sit in relation to the tranny? Did you have to modify the trailing arm length? I’m assuming with the very similar wheelbases, the crossmembers would be in the same location for a Blazer/P10.

Everyone says the Stepvans are on the same chassis as the SB trucks. Well I’ll tell you that’s not the case. I have a 67 SB and the frame dimensions are not the same as the P10.