The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2004, 11:01 PM   #1
bigblock73
yeller

'77 2WD Blazer for sale

Time to sell "Woody" in order to finance and finish my '73. Here are the specs...

1977 Chevrolet Blazer, 2WD, 87,xxx original miles.

Exterior:
Maroon in color with woodgrain trim (rare), and the one year only (77) yellow/gold stainless trim. The body overall is in fair condition. The bad. The left outer rocker has rust (would need to be replaced) as does the left rear wheelwell lip and lower rear quarter. The wheel well lip and lower quarter can be patched easy, you do not need to replace the entire quarter. There is also rust on the right front fender, it can be patched, but a new fender would be easier. The right fron portion of the roof has a small dent, but my bodyman said it is an easy dent to fix with minimal effort. It is also missing the right door lock and a small portion of the woodgrain trim. Other than those areas, the rest of the exterior is in excellent shape. The good. There is no rust on the doors, floors, rear TG area, and everything not mentioned above. The chassis itself is also remarkably clean, with no rust and very minor surface rust! (go figure). The stainless trim is all intact and in good to excellent condition as are both front and rear bumpers. There is also no broken glass and all the windows roll up and down perfect.

Interior:
The interior is also maroon in color with woodgrain trim as well. First, the bad. There is a small portion of the pass front seat that is torn, but the foam is in perfect condition....so I guess a seat cover would be an easy fix or you can recover the seat too. The headliner vinyl is missing and would need to be replaced (the cardboard ir still there), the rear carpet is worn and slightly dirty (hauling stuff I assume), and the drivers side rear trim panel is missing some of the woodgrain. Other than those areas, the interior is in near perfect condition. The good. The door pockets don't sag, the dashpad is in great shape, all the trim looks brand new, and the front carpet and rear seat are in perfect shape. The A/C still blows cold, and I have added an aftermarket tach atop the column. There is also a newer 88+ steering wheel and a newer Kenwood AM/FM cassette radio, but no speakers. I have also purchased a factory interior spare tire holder since the Blazer came with a factory delete for this option.

Drivetrain & Suspension:
350 V8 hooked to a th-350 transmission, connected to a 12 bolt differential (ration unknown). There is only 87.xxx original miles on the Blazer, I put in a new battery and had the carb rebuilt. It has a newer dual exhaust system from the manifolds back and sounds great. It rolls on 15X8 Rally wheels (missing the trim rings) and the tires are Cooper Cobras with about 50% tread remaining. It has a lowered suspension, spindles in front and ?? out back, and also has a factory front sway bar. The brakes are in perfect working condition, and it starts up and runs and drives excellent.

Also, I am the third owner, and have all paperwork going back to the original owner, including the original bill of sale.

Price:
I am asking $2,500 for the Woody, and it will need to be picked up. I can drive a short distance to help with the sale if interested (100 miles or so).

I believe in honesty, and therefore I felt I should tell you as much as I can. If anyone is seriously interested, and you have any questions or want more pics, PM me with your addy and I will get them out to you along with the answers right away.
Attached Images

bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote