The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2018, 04:45 PM   #11
jocko

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
I don't know for sure but that paint looks really original to me. There is alittle bit of chalk marks on the firewall and wow if someone did repaint the truck to me it looks like the tryuck would have been taken right apart to do it. Maybe seeing first year for 67's , and could you get two tones before 67?, because of the white roof thats where the Special Paint designation came from before they had codes for 2 tone paint schemes.
You could definitely get a white roof in before and in 67 (66 two tone included roof and inside the trim strips on door/bed in white - or on a white truck, I believe red was available between the strips), but I'd have to assume the special paint code here is for the difference between interior and exterior(?) Agree it looks very original - good catch on the firewall chalk marks, that's more evidence of originality - doesn't look re-done. Would love to know the history of this truck. But what I'D REALLY like to do is buy that old crusty red 67 custom camper... Then again, the more I stare at it, the more crustiness I find... ha.