The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2018, 10:04 AM   #1
Mattchu60

LS Swap with Dual Tanks - need some help

I have read and read on how to do a LS Swap with Dual tanks in my 73-87. I have the 87 16 gallons tanks with the EP381 pumps in TBI senders. I'm planning to use the pollak switch valve that handles 65 psi.

The biggest problem I am running into is how to connect all of this stuff. I was going to just run rubber FI hose for everything. But when I started reading other posts, every says to avoid rubber hoses unless its just short runs - main issues is that it could leak and cause a fire.

I need another option to make this work. I have seen where people are cutting off the senders flares and using compression AN Fittings and running AN line. But that would not allow me to connect to the switch valve, which is pre-formed to only accept rubber hose (I'm going to need to use some rubber hose there, no choice).

I wish there was another option. Honestly regretting going dual tanks now and wish I had just done a single rear tank and cut a filler hole in my bed floor - but its too late for that now.

Any ideas or solutions would be appreciated. If someone has done this before I would love to know how you did it.
Mattchu60 is offline   Reply With Quote