The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2018, 10:23 PM   #1
The Autoist

Convert C20 to C10..... suspension, ride height

Hi, I just bought a 71 C20 2wd with a perfect body. I am going to change the front springs to 1/2 ton non heavy duty springs and I am going to remove leafs from the rear. I have questions, I want this to sit and ride like a stock regular 1/2 ton . In the front I have disk brakes. Does anyone know the difference in ride height in the front by just changing the springs? On the rear there are 6 leafs, so I want to remove leafs. Stock 1/2 tons have 4 leafs. Has anyone done this? If so, which ones do you remove and should I remove 3 total? The last question is, I want to run 15 x 8 Chevy truck rally wheels, 6 lugs. I do not want to change the rear end or everything up front. The rallies have zero offset so it is 4" to the outside edge of the rim. I would like to know if anyone has ran these rallies with 8 lugs to 6 lugs adapters. These space the wheels out another 2". So I am worried if they will stick out way past the wheel wells and look stupid. Any info and pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Gary

Last edited by The Autoist; 12-17-2018 at 11:05 PM.
The Autoist is offline   Reply With Quote