The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2018, 04:13 PM   #1
Slowguy

Copied "greengus" and his method for rear spacers but have a question about fitment

I'd ask this in his build thread, but I know he sold his truck so he may not be active here anymore.

I had a set of wheel spacers for the rear. They are the type that bolt to the hub and then six more studs are fastened to the spacer itself. I thought it would be much stronger to press the original studs out of the axles while I had them out for the trutrac swap. I pressed out the old studs and add some extended ones as I saw on the Greengus thread.

I then proceeded to press out the studs that were seated into the spacer. Then I pressed in the new longer studs into the axles, slid on the spacers, and threw on the wheel.

My issue is, as you might be able to see in the pic, that the spacer does not center itself as there is some slop in the holes. I don't like this. It doesn't seem like this is a good idea as it could throw off the balance? Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't want to press back in the original studs and then press the studs back into the spacer.
Attached Images

Last edited by Slowguy; 12-22-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Slowguy is offline   Reply With Quote