The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2019, 03:28 PM   #1
cfan10

Angry My own father stole from me!

Truck was parked at my godfather's house, not bothering anyone. It needed head gaskets and new heads.
My father takes it upon himself, to go and steal my truck and tow it back to New Orleans from Waveland MS,

He never had the keys to the truck or anything I own, I never gave him consent to do anything that's why he didn't have the keys after numerous times asking me for the keys, I flat-out told him that would never happen.

So he decides it's a solid idea to steal from me, despite me trying to help him in the past all while he's battling terminal cancer.

He broke into the truck using the vent window, broke the ignition switch so it can be started and run without a key.
My cluster is gone, heater control the driver side door is not working anymore and this door was like new condition. The door won't lock or unlock the exterior handle button is broken, it has pry marks and a huge dent, not to mention my truck is scraped down to the metal from the door to the taillight on the driver side. Upside is the passenger side is just a giant dent on the door.
My vent window lock is useless now. Some worthless pos actually stole the fuses out of the bulkhead.

Of course I called the police in MS, and filed a stolen vehicle report, I tracked it to New Orleans.
I called NOPD they listed it as a recovery, and let him go, I was asked after showing my title, registration papers and insurance policies with vin and drivers license to the idiot female officer "how do I know it was my truck" She actually asked that while checking the vin! (Maybe because every extra cent I have has gone into that truck!)
I walked away and let my mom handle the situation.
But she actually told the chopshop/mechanic shop owner that he could press charges on me for my stolen truck being on his premises! Unbelievable!

Where do I go from here? The detective I've spoken to in Ms, doesn't seem to want to lock his ass up because he's my dad! Same thing with NOPD he's giving everyone his woe is me crap...he's putting a motor in,but the truth is obvious he was stripping parts from my truck. Truck starts right up but taps/knocking like crazy.

I have extra clusters I can replace, dual exhaust on the suburban I can swap but I shouldn't have to do this while he gets away with trashing my truck. My rear-end cover is missing bolts, but gears are still there thought that was gone.

Stolen:

Ratchet strap
Gauge Cluster
Heater control
Driver mirror
Passenger side shock
Driver side dual exhaust
Tailgate ban
Gold plated battery terminals

Broken:

Driver interior door handle
Driver exterior door handle
Ignition switch no key needed to start
Lock on vent window
Huge dent on driver door
Huge dent on passenger door
Pry marks on driver exterior door
Dent on fender
Glove box
Rest In Peace:Mikhail {Mickey Rooney} Alpha 2/5/13 Omega 7/22/14 10:28AM I love you tremendously and outragiously Superpuppi Thai Ridgeback...The most intelligent dog known to me.
Don't mess with my truck, my momma or my money...not necessarily in that order. ©
Stand for something or fall for anything.
[LIST][*]'98 Bourbon St. Brawl ©2010
cfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote