The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2004, 04:43 AM   #1
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

Bad Truck day on Sunday....

Anybody know of a tall cliff with deep water at the bottom as I may have something to push over the edge....

Yesterday I was sent by the wife to pick up the new cast iron fireplace for the dining room, in my truck. It was a lovely sunny warm day and I had the red wine and calvados hangover from hell. I warmed her up, slipped my shades on and set off, I stopped to get gas about five or six miles from home and *@?!** the damned thing wouldn't start as the battery was too low to turn her over fast enough (I've only done a couple of short trips in the last three or four weeks partly down to the cost of gas here at the moment) The wife was out working in the garden so couldn't hear the phone to come over with the booster cables so I had to call our equivalent of the AAA, took them an hour and a half to turn up and when they did she started right up when hooked to their big battery. One thing I did notice was how selfish people have become in the UK, it was a very busy gas station, I was sat with the hood up and not one person asked if I needed any help.

I decided to come straight home and put the battery on charge, as I was about half way home I heard a metallic drasgging noise and looked in the mirror in time to see part of one of my exhausts go bouncing down the road. I stopped and ran back to get it thinking I might be able to salvage the chrome tip and found to add insult to injury I'd ran the bloody thing over and it was flat (about 12" to 18" of tailpipe).

So now I have my battery on charge (the aftermarket electric clock someone put in is coming out as it's obviously drawing enough current to flatten the battery over time) and I now need a new exhaust bending up from the muffler back to in front of the rear wheel. I'm gonna have both sides done in stainless so they match and last forever. I spent an hour sweating over setting the stupid points on the stupid mallory twin point dizzy the day before to get rid of the miss (shoulda just built up and stuck in the HEI I have in the garage) and I'm just generally completely fed up and ******* off with the whole damned thing!

Vent over!

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission

Last edited by Lippyp; 05-24-2004 at 04:47 AM.
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote