The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2019, 09:21 PM   #1
WOLFMANmike

Door over close problem

so i took of my weather stripping and was gonna put on new new kit. but i discovered that the idiot who owned the truck before me replaced the rockers with ones that don't have the pinch weld along the rocker for my weather stripping. So now comes the bigger problem, I was upset and quit for the day to figure what what to do so I shut the doors and locked up come back out days later, driver door opens just fine passenger door? nope! will not budge i called my good friend mike he told me oh yeah he had it happen to him before the door is over closed now. With no weather stripping in it he said he had to pry his open with a pry bar! if this is the only way then so be it but I am just asking is their any other way to get it open again? without prying on it ? I really don't want pry it and most likely bend the metal of the door or the rocker or both ? I am asking is their another way to do this where i wont damage my truck? Thanks guys my buddy mike knows a bunch about these trucks so i trust him that is not a issue i just really want to get it open without hurting it ya know
WOLFMANmike is offline   Reply With Quote