The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2019, 08:47 AM   #1
slocityk20

72 K20 radio selection

I know there are a plethora of posts about radio questions. But i want some hard cold facts on what you guys think. I have a 72 K20 that has absolutely nothing for a radio. No wiring, no radio, no speakers, no cut dash.

Question at hand is, should i try and get an original radio? If i send it to Gary does he send a wiring harness with it? If i find a radio that doesn't "work" can Gary make it work as part of his conversion? What mounting brackets do i need for the truck? What has been your guys luck with retro sound vs custom auto sound? I do not have a fuel tank behind the seat anymore so my thought process was to build a box and put the speakers all behind the seat in a box so i don't have to cut door panels. What do you think? Anyone done that? Pictures?

Im new here guys but have been researching a lot about stereos and I have a blank slate to work with so I want to make the right decision. This is my first classic and I want to start off making good choices for the build. I have searched the forum and have seen and read plenty of posts just looking for some hard facts.

I really appreciate everyone on this forum and the wisdom you shed down on the younger crowd who want to keep the hot rod life alive!
slocityk20 is offline   Reply With Quote