The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2019, 03:59 PM   #1
Balztothwall

Question Argh!

Hey all - super bad with all this tech stuff - so bare with me. So I caught the bug when I reluctantly bought a 1986 Chevy C 10 to get around in and be able to haul stuff to and fro in a real estate venture in MN. That truck was stolen and never recovered but needless to say I am now on my second Chevy - a C20. I love it - it has become a passion of mine and am actually going to be taking some mechanics classes at the college - which I have quickly learned that finding a private mechanic if you can’t do it yourself is about 75 percent of the game when owning one of these trucks. FYI - pep boys tried to get me for just under 4 grand for an entire brake system when all it was was a 20 dollar hard line pinhole that literally cost me 30 bucks to replace and fix. Lol. My truck was starting to act like it wanted to cut out and stall on me - I assumed carb because the carb that wa sin needed replaced badly - Anyways - I have just put in a new edlebrock carb - a new distributor kit - and new plugs - and still does the same thing - when I get on the freeway or higher speeds it begins to sputter and if I don’t pull over right away it literally shuts down. I will have to glide to the side with no power steering and tight brakes and let it sit for a while - I’m back street it will go fine but then once the engine is on a while it will do the same thing. Everything I research say coil. But I replaced all that - could it be my mechanic made an install error? It’s driving me crazy! There is nothing left in that well to replace except the radiator and all the wiring - which I plan on doing soon. I am moving from Miami to Orlando in a few days and need to figure it out and hate to have to take it to someplace like pep boys - if just assume have it towed before I go commercial. HELP!
Balztothwall is offline   Reply With Quote