The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2019, 11:05 AM   #1
mr.precision

Wheel Vintiques / JEGS Rant

I had heard some horror stories about Wheel Vintiques before, but elected to order 4 wheels from JEGS back in August 2018 for my 1967 C10.
JEGS shipped 3 of the wheels in short order, and claimed a back-order on the remaining wheel to be delivered in September. I purchased new tires in anticipation of the 4th wheel delivery.
Then JEGS advised me the order would arrive in November....then December.....on and on until the most recent stating it would now be May 2019.
Needless to say, I won't be ordering anything from JEGS or Wheel Vintiques again.
The remaining wheel is a 15" x 7" - 6 on 5-1/2" bolt pattern "bare 62 series smoothie". If anyone knows there whereabouts of one of these wheels, I would be greatly obliged.
What follows is the most recent correspondence between JEGS and I. JEGS and I have been exchanging emails since October of 2018.

Feb 11, 9:40 PM EST
Mike,
We have contacted Wheel Vintiques but they only provide estimated ship dates. We are unable to pin them down on an exact date. They have stated they expect the part to ship in approximately four weeks and we have no way to get them to ship something they do not have available. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Lisa Trago
JEGS Customer Service

We are dedicated to providing our customers with the very best in selection,
value, same day shipping and lifetime support. Thank you for choosing JEGS!

Feb 11, 7:26 PM EST
Thank you, Melanie.
Can you get some kind of commitment from the supplier? I would think an organization as big as JEGS has a little muscle to address this problem. I bought these wheels in August, 2018. Jegs delivered 3 of the 4 ordered. I have been waiting on the 4th wheel since August. 6 months is tool long and now you are saying middle of March which is getting close to 8 months. Can you kick this complaint up a notch or two?

Thank you and kind regards
mr.precision is offline   Reply With Quote