The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2019, 12:03 AM   #1
T/C

66 c10 frame z question

So i cannot find any write ups or pictures that help with my questions. If someone knows of a post that would have the information i am looking for i would be very thankful and more then willing to read it.

I have all the math done and figured for what angle i should cut at to get a 3” z and move everything 1” forward

I was basing everything off of fast n lows post but he just did a vertical cut and added a patch piece in for the 1”

My issue or concern is that the holes in the frame pictures don’t give me a Flat surface to weld on to after cutting the frame and moving the section up (i understand that i can fix this problem by removeing that section and adding in flat pieces)

My question concern is if i am doing this in the wrong place on the frame.

Perfect world would be avoiding any uneven spots in the frame( e brake holes) and to avoid being in the section of the frame that starts narrowing.

Should i move everything forward and deal with the narrowed section?

Should i deal with the rough area of the frame and re work it while i am doing everything else?

Or should i remove the trans crossmember and be closer to the cab?

I am pretty set on doing it with a angled cut. I am not worried about my welding or fabrication skills. I just don’t want to be over looking something and I’m return be over complicating the project.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

T/C is offline   Reply With Quote