The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2019, 01:36 PM   #1
CosmicDad

New owner in East Tennessee

Hello,

Just getting around to saying "Hello" despite cruising around the forums for a while now. I recently bought a 65 C10 Shortbed Stepside. Been a fun truck to work on so far. A bit challenging as the previous owners had done some part swapping and trying to figure out exactly what I have.

What I think I have is a 65 C10 with a 78 C10 350 and TH400 at least that is what I deciphered from the engine block code, who knows if I did that right but so far the parts are matching up!!

Changed out all the fluids first. The wiring was a nightmare from the previous owner so currently finishing up a complete rewire with the help of a Painless wiring kit. No!! It has not been painless but a lot of that probably falls on the installer

Very near future plans consist of a brake overhaul (new master cylinder, lines, etc.) At least the new owner converted to a 5 lug disc front/ drums rear set up but the brakes definitely need work doesn't stop nearly as well as I would like.

Anyways, just thought I would say "Hello" from TN. Look forward to talking with everyone.
Attached Images

CosmicDad is offline   Reply With Quote