The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2019, 10:26 PM   #1
Justin1983

Need help 1967 Chevy c20 250 inline 6 all original project. Just want reliable truck.

Hello everyone I'm 36 years old and don't know much about these older style trucks but I have done alot of research. What I have is a 67 inline 6 with all original everything, it's my dad's truck that my grandpa bought new. It has 80,000 original miles on it. The carb as never been worked on it starts and runs but it's coughing and backfire like crazy. Stalls not to reliable. What I want to do is put a new offenhauser intake mainfold with hedman headers with a Holly 390 , just wanna use this truck for fishing and camping and hauling wood got the 4 speed manual transmission. I don't know if I'm going about it right. I understand bits and pieces. But I'm gonna need alot of advise from YOU the ppl that know best. I understand the intake manifold needs a heat source being I live in Minnesota. And I found a $30 plate they sell for it.All fine stuff like materials I need I don't quite know yet. I wish there was a list of the things I needded to have to get the job done RIGHT not half assed . Like the gaskets , do u use separate gaskets for the headers and mainfold ? Stuff like that. Or the studs for the headers.. clearance of the carb.Not going for show or speed. Just wanna reliable truck that sounds bad ass and runs like a top. Wanna start ordering parts Sunday and get the ball rolling. Step by step detailed help would be very much appreciated. Let me know ur thoughts as I do spend alot of time trying to find these ansey
Justin1983 is offline   Reply With Quote