The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2019, 08:21 PM   #1
Mike_The_Grad

Seeking advice.

Hey all,
I'm currently working on my dads 1964 c10 LWB. Lots of work.
I'm concentrating on the front end suspension, steering and brake components. The plan is to replace all but the control arms. New front drum Brakes(shoes,drums,spring kit, wheel cylinders, brake hoses, and complete brake line kit.) Suspension and Steering(ball joints upper and lower, inner/outer tie rods,pitman arm(non-power steering),idler arm,upper and lower control arm shafts, 3"drop springs,drop shocks, shock relocators, inner outer wheel bearings.

The only work I've done so far is remove the cut drop springs the PO "custom" made(they fell out when I jacked up the front end.) Grind the rivets off the upper ball joints, remove both front hubs from the original drums, and that's where I am.

How should I go about removing the rest of the stuff so that I dont have to back track because I did something when i should have done something else first. I have a lot of tools. Ball joint press, grinder, torch, air impact, drills, BFH, chisels, punches, basically all except a welder, but can get one if needed. What would be a appropriate procedure to follow to get it all tore down? I plan on cleaning up the control arms,(blast and paint) and replace all other items with new moog, or poly bushings.
I have everything already to do the front brake stuff, and wheel bearings, drop springs, and drop shocks with shock relocators. I still need to order ball joints, tie rods, control arm shafts.
I'm not interested in opinions on anything else about the truck. I already handled the rear end. I'm just going through each part at one time.(rearend, front end, interior,engine, etc.
Here's a few pics to show what I'm working with.
Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Instagram: Mike_The_Grad
Mike_The_Grad is offline   Reply With Quote