The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2004, 02:15 PM   #1
apstguy
LED King

New tranny pics and The Fresh New Wax Look

I've had the bowtie overdrives tranny in for about a month now. Put a couple hundred miles on it and absolutly love it. Makes me love driving my truck that much more. No more shuddering on the freeway. It is a very smooth transition to overdrive. Uncivilized shifting? Gone. Now it is nice and firm. At WOT VERY firm - make the rest of the truck groan kinda shift. With the 2200rpm stall on it, the idle speed slowed almost a hundred RPM. There is no clunk slowing down in drive like I have heard in all other 700r4s. It does get rather warm. I put the tranny temp gauge in the empty spot where the factory clock would have gone - just cut out holes in the black cover and green base. I have 2 extra gauge sets so I'm not worried.

My dad just bought a 2001 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab 5.3 V8 - it has all the important options like PW PL CC, etc. We got a steal on it. My dad doesn't like how it is show room stock. He already has me ordering dual exhaust and wants to put on rims, tires, & Volant intake. I have a new toy to play with! Anyone want to buy a 1996 Dodge Ram w/ 160,000 miles on it?

Quick pic of the Honda I've been tinkering on for my brother - I have to get the thing to pass smog one more time! I just fixed the horn so it works - now the brake lights don't work! Just my luck...

Quick pic of the Tahoe and my friend's truck

I just finished waxing my truck. I used the new Meguiers NXT Gen Tech wax and wasn't particularally impressed. I might just stick with the Gold Class wax I have been using. If the Tech wax last longer I'll start using it. Still looks great though! You be the judge...

I need to replace my starter soon. If the truck doesn't immedeatly start (99% of the time it does) the solinoid looses its charge and the bendix goes right back into the starter. Grrrrrrooooommmmm. Oh well. Time for a Powermaster starter!

My alternator also seems like it is on its way out. Seems about the right time for it to die - It has survived a long time. My voltage bounces around at idle more and more as time goes by. New powermaster 1 wire alternator!

1985 C10 305 w/ Bowtie OD TH700R4 3.42 LSD 202,000 miles
2006 Ford Focus ZX3 5-speed Stick
2016 Chevy Spark EV
Gone: 2002.5 VW GTI 24v VR6
Gone: 2008 VW R32

Last edited by apstguy; 05-30-2004 at 02:26 PM.
apstguy is offline   Reply With Quote