The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2019, 07:01 AM   #1
mikl911

Smile My Big block 1969 C10 step side project

Picked up a project truck. It's a 1969 C10 short bed step side. It has been modified with a 396 big block bored out to a 402 automatic transmission. Tilt steering column, AC and a custom interior. It was a California truck and the rockers appear to be original and in exillent condition as are the floors and cab corners. the bed needs some attention as does the front grill. At some point I will change the interior. The paint is a little faded but should come back to life with some TLC. My short them goals are to get it together and running (it needs a fuel pump) and drive it as is. Long term I may change it to a fleet side (step side is growing on me) and paint it a different color, Black with a black and saddle brown leather interior. Air bag suspension and wide steelie rims with dog dish hub caps and Hoosier white letter tires and update the stereo. I would like to do an air bag suspension to be able to lower it and do some light towing.
This is a little different then some of my resent projects, my last two projects were Porsche 911's. With my cars I like to incorporate modern and performance pieces but limit the impact to any original parts. This truck is not an original pristine numbers matching truck so I don't feel making the changes I want will effect it's value in a negative way. But I will try to do things so the next owner could restore it to be more original without having to do extensive modifications. I'm into this truck cheap enough I have plenty of budget left to do what i want to do and then some
Let me know what you guys think!
Attached Images

mikl911 is offline   Reply With Quote