The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2019, 07:47 AM   #1
rainamy

Two trucks stolen and....

Well, it's been a rough couple of days.

Learned on Saturday that two trucks of ours were stolen up in Massachusetts from where they were stored.

One, a 1987 Suburban, has a lot of sentimental value as well - the last new truck my mom ever bought, I ended up buying it from them when she stopped driving it. She has a terminal lung disease these days which makes it all the more important.

The other was my old college truck, a 1979 diesel silverado that had a 69 327 swapped in. A fun truck with a pretty rusty bed, not nearly as upsetting as the suburban.

After finding they were gone I was scouring the Internet to see if I could find a trace of them, and luckily, I DID. There was a pretty sketchy guy a couple towns over trying to sell parts off them on craigslist. Called the police for the town they were stored in who, we'll it's ongoing, but the detective said he didn't have much experience with this sort of thing. (Makes me kinda nervous.)

The guy who had them was told to stop selling anything else, however, we don't know everything that was stripped, the stories are very fishy, and I ended up having to tell the officer things that were missing based on the craigslist ad that the detective himself seemed not to know, but had the ads??

Anyways, bad news gets worse when we're told he admitted to selling at least one door and that now "animals had been living in it." I don't know which of the two "it" was either, both had great interior and we're weather tight. (Even uncracked dash pads, new seat in the truck, etc.)

So, I need to try to find a good lawyer from 950 miles away to go to with a contingency case against 2 companies, and two guys, who were involved in 2 different cities/counties. I'm not even sure how to find someone with connections in the D.A. offices to help drive the prosecutions, but that sounds like it ought to be best to me... blind shot in the dark bUT anyone have ideas?

I also need to try to find a way to get these things moved, possibly just all the way to georgia. I'm partially disabled these days (spinal neck/back issues) so short spurts of bending or neck movement are about what I can handle before I need lots of medicine and to take a good rest.not sure how to verify it's my 3.42 limited slip going back in the truck, brakes bled, so on so forth...

Is there anyone in the hampden/Hampshire counties area that has any referrals for someone they know on the legal side of things? I was a little vague in details since it's an ongoing police matter, AND, I need to call the other town where the vehicles were verified to be today during day-shift to see what they can do as well.

Unfortunately, unless the people who bought the parts want to be nice, I don't think I've got any chance in he'll of getting them back since they're protected as buying/not knowing it was stolen...

rainamy is offline   Reply With Quote