The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2019, 08:26 AM   #1
Phungki

Canadian vs American GMC

first let me say that this site and its members are awesome. I wouldn't even know where to begin on my project without the information i have got on here.

I have only recently began to get to the physical work on my truck and am trying to figure out, what seems to be to me, the most difficult part of this project.

My American made GMC has a Chevy front end on it. My goal is to eventually find and put on the mustache,bullets and grill guard that came on the 56 GMC.
Will these things fit ok with the Chevy front end pieces? Im talking about the latch panel,radiator support, splash guard and fenders. I understand the fenders have little flat spots and a couple holes to accommodate the mustache. I think i can work this part out. I think I have read that the Canadian built trucks use the chevy front end pieces. Is this correct? Does that mean all the front end Chrome will fit fine with what i have? Or are there specific GMC parts I must have to get those Chrome pieces to attach/fit properly?
This front end dilemma seems to be the thing I cant get my head around.

Thank you for reading and any info you might be able to give me
Phungki is offline   Reply With Quote