The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2019, 02:38 PM   #1
skyphix

Factory 34" core radiator from 2006 Yukon in 1980 C10

Hey everyone,
I have a perfectly good 34" core radiator out of my donor Yukon. I took some measurements and it looks like as long as I move a few not needed things out of the way, it will physically fit in my 1980 C10 to cool the stock 5.3 thats going in in the next few weeks. The total width of the Yukon radiator is around 43" with the tanks.

Has anyone else used a late model radiator? Really trying to keep this on a tight budget so if I have the parts, I'd like to be able to reuse them to get it running. I do know that the radiator cutout in the core support is significantly smaller than the radiator I want to run. My factory 250 i6 radiator is barely enough to cool the worn out stock 79 350 so I don't want to trust it with my 5.3.

If I can use the large radiator from the Yukon I do plan on utilizing the Yukon's electric fans, if not, an aftermarket or junkyard electric fan will be used.

I'm using dirtydingo adjustable mounts without AC if it matters, and I am hoping to be able to use the built in trans cooler as well.

Thanks for any and all advice,
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote