The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2019, 02:10 AM   #1
Chris04

Need your advice and help asap

hey guys, ive owned a ton of 60-72 pickups and have always wanted a AD truck! so i have found a 49 3100 that is very solid and has original paint and is exactly what i want! i always buy trucks with titles, if no title i do not mess with! so i talked to the owner and he said i have title to truck but only issue is its the original 49 NC title and it is signed by the owner that has his name on it . He said he purchased it basically as a open title and never did anything with it and has owned it many years. So im thinking no big deal and he said he wouldnt think so either only if the guy had deceased. So now im suppose to go pick this truck up saturday and want to make sure i have my ducks in a row! I hope hes being honest with me on the fact he just bought it and never did anything with title, im just worried he told me that for a reason because he tried and had no luck! What do you guys think about this? here in sc we dont have inspections and ive never had any issues with getting a title in my name before, i even had a 69 c10 i purchased and it was same way no problem tho. i just worry about this title being so old, and chances are the original owner isnt around anymore, i may have issues. thanks for any help, i figured there has to be some of you guys run into same problem.

Chris